RE: Re: OK, so what did ya get then?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OK, so what did ya get then?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:11:59 -0000

> > Haven't watched BB2000 yet though ... Not sure whether I want to
as
> > I don't want to spoil the original!
>
> DON'T
>
> Blues Brothers is one of my favourite films.
>
> Blues Brothers 2000 is the biggest pile of steaming crap that I have
> ever had the misfortune to watch...
>
> Just put the original DVD in again and watch that ;-)

That's what I thought ... Thanks for confirming it.

Animal House is out soon on R2. Cannonball Run & Smokey And The Bandit
are out too IIRC. (Now I'm dating myself aren't I?)

Spotted a couple of film bloopers this Xmas ...

1) James Bond "Moonraker"

In the scene where the (superfluous "pretty" / "young"
/ "female"
descriptions removed) helicopter pilot is killed by Drax by being chased
down by the two dogs she is wearing a lovely flowing dress...

....with socks and trainers!

2) Convoy (was watching this last night)

Given that it's the film of the song then has anyone noticed that R.D.
has completely the wrong truck? The song starts "...a bulldog Mack
with
a can on back and a Jaguar haulin' ass" ... Well, a bulldog Mack is
what
Pig Pen / Love Machine is driving (no nose) wheras in the film R.D. is
driving an "alligator head" Mack (long nose).

I'm sad aren't I?

Anyone know anything of Monsters Inc. though - any news that it's coming
out on R1 DVD as I heard it wouldn't be?

Phil