RE: [OT] Firewall configuration...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Firewall configuration...
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:12:52 -0000

Paul,

If you configure your inbound Deny rule to drop all packets for which an
entry does not exist in the NAT table (put another way: "if I didn't
make an
outbound connection to this host, ignore it") and let any port out
fromt he
inside, that generally lets everything work nicely.

Messenger since v4.5 doesn't need any special firewall treatment, it can do
the whole show using port 80 if need be..

Ian.