Re: Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Langridge" <chrisl@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 1:44 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)

> Hi Robert,
>
> So let me get this straight. This device does not test cable
integrity. It
> tests the integrity of the connections/punchdowns. Mot of the stuff we
HA
> folk do is either:

Ermm i THINK it does both??

> 1. Running CAT 5 and terminating on punch down sockets
> 2. Running CAT 5 for other uses like IR or Temp sensors
>
> This device will test scenario 1 - but it will not test scenario 2.
Right??

> Can it verify if a cable has been damaged somewhere - or does it
assume
the
> integrity of the cable and report on faulty punch downs?
>
> Chris
>

>from

Just plug one end of your cable into the Atlas IT and the other into the
Atlas Terminator and press “test”. In seconds the unit will
identify the
cable type (straight through, crossover or token ring) and verify every
connection. If there are any faults then they are clearly explained on
screen. Socket testing is possible too thanks to the special patch cables
included in the outfit. Swapped lines, missing lines, shorted lines are all
uniquely identified together with the full connection pattern!
What’s more,
if you want to know how to make up a special network cable, the Atlas can
instruct you, even down to cable colours!
Automatic identification of Straight-Through patch cables

Automatic identification of Cross-Over cables
Comprehensive analysis of above cable types
Analyses all 8 lines of the cable
Fault identification and highlighting for the following faults:
Shorted Lines, Open lines, Swapped lines
Display of cable-making instructions when not testing cables
Can test plug-plug, plug-socket and socket-socket
Support for up to 150m (500ft) of cable
Miniature Atlas Terminator, ideal for use in tight spaces
Clear and user-friendly scrollable display
Spare battery and spare Atlas Terminator supplied

Have mailed your Question to Colin

Robert Crawshaw                 http://www.golcarbob.com

The release of Windows 2000 has been put back to the first quarter of
1901

we work for a company that has global reach yet can't scratch it's own
arse

---