RE: Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Attention all CAT5 freaks !!! :o)
  • From: Chris Langridge <chrisl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:44:24 -0000

Hi Robert,

So let me get this straight. This device does not test cable integrity. It
tests the integrity of the connections/punchdowns. Mot of the stuff we HA
folk do is either:

1. Running CAT 5 and terminating on punch down sockets
2. Running CAT 5 for other uses like IR or Temp sensors

This device will test scenario 1 - but it will not test scenario 2. Right??

Can it verify if a cable has been damaged somewhere - or does it assume the
integrity of the cable and report on faulty punch downs?

Chris