From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 December 2001 12:34
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Sky Installation / UHF boosters

Daniel,

I'm doing a similar thing and my box certainly hasn't "blown up".

I installed my dish & digibox myself (BBC / freebie channels only though).
I've connected the aerial to an existing splitter / booster in the loft (I
assume it's a booster, it was already in the house when I moved in, and it
takes a power feed) and then dropped a new CT100 feed to the lounge. This
goes into the aerial socket on the back of the digibox. The dish connects to
the digibox via an unbroken CT100 feed.

My digibox is an older Panasonic TU-DSB30 with standard minidish. I don't
recall seeing a name on the terrestrial aerial booster, it takes one aerial
feed & splits / boosts to two outputs. Signal gain is not adjustable. I
presume the booster works and does indeed boost the signal but I haven't
specifically checked - the way the power feed is wired doesn't make it easy
to check. I've no reason to think it's failed though.

HTH,

Tim.
(newbie, rapidly trying to understand what everyone else is talking about)