Medieval Home Automation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Medieval Home Automation
  • From: "Andrew Richards" <andrew.richards@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:47:24 -0000

Hi to all

I've been an avid lurker on the UKHA and Comfort groups for a few months
now, picking up lots of useful tips.

We are in the process of doing the self-build of a large medieval house,
and
I've completed the first draft of a schematic and a design document for
whole-house automation.  I'd really welcome some peer review, particularly
on the cabling proposed, as I'm about to start 1st fix on one part of the
house.

The document is in Word format at the moment on the Files section of the
UKHA group (its around a 250k download).  The original schematic diagrams
were drawn in Turbocad, and cut and paste doesn't always seem to give the
right result (I can't get it to print the diagrams).  If you prefer (and
can
wait for the 'page' to load), then you can go to
www.progcons.co.uk/hav1.htm
and get the full document - my apologies, it's just a Word dump to html.
Better web structure to follow.

Happy reading: all feedback gratefully received.

Andrew

Kent, UK