Re: UK Newsgroups

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: UK Newsgroups
  • From: "markheurocom" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:48:07 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> It's had bugger all response on the uk.net.news.config group.  Why
> weren't we told here?

I have been in touch with the proponent (Claire). She is currently
rewriting the RFD based on what little feedback there was. It seems
she was unaware of the mailing list.

She plans to reissue the RFD during this weekend again with the
standard 10 day discussion period. After that she intends to call for
FastTrack.

Having reviewed what conversation there was on the RFD in Usenet, it
seems that the only real objections were "wtf is Home
Automation".
She seems to have miraculously escaped the usual CHA opposition to
the group and I have not noticed any really negative remarks about
creation so maybe this time it will get somewhere.

Obviously any changes to the proposal can come from this 2nd RFD, but
this would mean an additional delay while it was reissued so it is
probably worth everyone having a glance at the RFD now before it is
reposted in case there are any necessary changes people would like to
see.

The RFD is almost an exact copy of the last attempt to create the
group and her changes are based around the feedback from those in
uk.net.news.config which I assume will specify more clearly what Home
Automation is and changing of some wording wrt advertising.

Claire said she will email me when she reissues the RFD and I will
let everyone here know so those that wish to can show our support for
it's creation. We might actually have a Usenet group for Christmas :)

Mark.