RE: MSN Messanger as home control interface anyone?

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: MSN Messanger as home control interface anyone?
  • From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:43:07 -0000

I've never used MSN messenger, but if its anything like AIM,
then you do need to 'OK' the addition if a new buddy before
they can talk to you.

Also, AIM is accessible through any browser if you go to the
aol.co.uk site and use their remote 'Quick Buddy' service
which I've found to be quick and reliable, so no need to have
control over computers you don't own - just need net access.

Of course, I have NO IDEA what you're proposing to do, so there's
probably some reason why it wouldn't work with AIM (apart from the
lack of Microsoft involvement of course!)

Scott Crowther
Intamac Systems Ltd

t: +44 (0)1604 679262
e. scrowther@xxxxxxx