Re: MSN Messanger as home control interface anyone?

> However, MSN Messanger does have the ability to allow/deny people to
see
> when it's online & communicate with it doesn't it? - if anyone
wanted to
> communicate with my HA servers' messanger service, they'd have to add
it
> their list of contacts, - when they do that, a pop-up comes up on my
HA
> server saying "so-and-so (sic) has added you to their contacts,
do you
want
> to allow them to communicate with you?" - I then have the option
to allow
or
> deny them, - as I understand it, they cannot actually see my status or
start
> a conversation unless and untill I "allow" them to from my
end... So all I
> should have to do (in theory), is just reply "deny" to any
such requests
> that occur, then no-one but me can actually converse with the
server...

> That is of course, presuming I understand it correctly...

I think you do.  If it's not like that as default, I think you can change
the settings to that.  I know you can with the ICQ and Yahoo messengers.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System
http://www.andylaurence.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcbmms