RE: Barter proposal

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Barter proposal
  • From: "Graham P. Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:15:42 -0000

Paul, thanks for the offer, MS Exchange expertise would be very welcome.
As you know I have just installed Exchange server at home as part of SBS
and it certainly falls into the 'works but probably not very well'
category. Lots of things I'd like to sort out are Exchange specific,
like remote access to mail, locally cached newsgroups, sharing calendars
etc etc. The new job will start on the 7th January and they use Outlook
as a mail client for Lotus Notes, so I want to be able to connect the
Outlook client at the office to my Exchange server at home to download
all the stuff from the list!

I am certainly up for a bit of Comfort customising, but I may well be at
a similar point on the learning curve to yourself. For example I have
followed and understood the recent Comfort discussions, but I'm not sure
that I would have been able to describe the system as clearly myself. Of
course I can help on web stuff, ACE (used for Comfort web interface) is
all ASP so I shouldn't have much problem working that bit out.

Let me know which day(s) are good for you and I will try to arrange a
mini-meet here to cover various things, with refreshments included of
course!

Regards

Graham

Pro,
> >Win9x, WinNT, ePOD clients. I have an ISDN connection to my
> fixed rate
> >ISP (V21) with a router handling the calls. I use SQL server and
> >Exchange server on the SBS box. Everything works, but not
> well. I think
> >a lot of my problems are in some way related to DNS and IP
> routing, but
> >I could well be wrong (I am no network expert). I want to sort out
> >things like workstation connection delays, error messages in
> the event
> >logs, unnecessary dialling of my ISP, roaming profiles, backup,
DDAR

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx