Re: Re: What have I bought? Was: advice req asap pls

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: What have I bought? Was: advice req asap pls
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:57:53 -0000

Andy,
the 2000 AXP has an adapter in what looks like a serial port. The adapter
has an RJ11 type socket in it.
I have opened the unit up and it appears to have 2 hard drives. There is
also a CD drive (needs caddy) and 2.88Mb floppy.

I've not heard about the 'big' server so I will assume someone else put in
higher post-sale offer. The auctioneer wanted £50 for this at sale time but
as no one bid it was a case of "see me after the auction" That's
why I
posted the 'I haven't got a clue' message.

It wasn't a totally wasted day though, I managed to pick up an Epson Stylus
1520 for £50 and a PIII 450 with Zip drive 15" monitor and UPS for
£120. I
was, however, supposed to be buying stuff for work ;-)

The 2000 AXP isn't much good to me without a terminal thing (probably not
much good with one either!) I would rather someone have some use out of it
than bin it, so its your if you want. Mail me off list to discuss.

Justin.