RE: Baby paws?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Baby paws?
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:36:40 -0000

Err, not quite correct Mark.......

The 555 chip is triggered on the falling edge of an input signal, the
trigger(s) in baby paws. The chip then 'counts' until time is up and then
starts monitoring the trigger input again.

If the trigger is still activated when time is up then nothing changes. The
outputs still output.

As soon as the trigger pulse is reset after time up the circuit is ready to
be triggered again.

If the trigger is removed during the delay time the count will get to the
end and then be ready for another trigger.

Retriggering within the delay period is ignored - it does NOT reset the
timer.

There is a reset line which can be used to instantly reset the circuit but
at the moment this does not have a separate line out for connection.
Perfectly easy to do with a soldering iron though.

HTH

Ian

Hope to have a better explanation on my web site (www.mollyology.com) at
the
end of the weekend. Nothing there at all though at the moment.

first ring, but
> stay high for 10 seconds after the first ring ended. However, within
> this 10 seconds, the second ring would have happened, so it would stay
> high for 10 seconds from the end of that... by which time the third
ring
> would have happened....
>
> As such, its output = Homevision's Input goes high ONCE (at the start
of
> the first ring), and goes low ONCE (ten seconds after the end of the
> last ring.) This is true whether the phone rings for 2 seconds or 200
> seconds!
>

> As you say, the pathalogical case is that one person stops calling,
then
> another starts almost immediately. In this case, the output doesn't
> manage to go low, so the next call can't push it high again... The
setup
> I'm proposing doesn't cope with that, except that manual tuning should
> allow the time delay to be set to "just longer than the time
between two
> rings on the same call".
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Harrison
> Head of Systems, eKingfisher

> ****
> Kingfisher plc
> Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1
5PX
> Registered in England, Number 1664812
>
> This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
> and
> may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
> any
> opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent
the
> official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
> error,
> please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
> message
> from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes,
or
> disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
> co-operation.

> ****

Service.