RE: Baby paws?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Baby paws?
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:50:23 -0000

Pedro,

The "baby paws" output would go high on the start of the first
ring, but
stay high for 10 seconds after the first ring ended. However, within
this 10 seconds, the second ring would have happened, so it would stay
high for 10 seconds from the end of that... by which time the third ring
would have happened....

As such, its output = Homevision's Input goes high ONCE (at the start of
the first ring), and goes low ONCE (ten seconds after the end of the
last ring.) This is true whether the phone rings for 2 seconds or 200
seconds!

As you say, the pathalogical case is that one person stops calling, then
another starts almost immediately. In this case, the output doesn't
manage to go low, so the next call can't push it high again... The setup
I'm proposing doesn't cope with that, except that manual tuning should
allow the time delay to be set to "just longer than the time between
two
rings on the same call".

Regards,

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher

****
Kingfisher plc
Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5PX
Registered in England, Number 1664812

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message
>from
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
co-operation.
****