Dallas 1-wire networking - max number of devices

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Dallas 1-wire networking - max number of devices
  • From: "Andrew Richards" <andrew.richards@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:17:53 -0000

I'm experimenting with the Dallas DS9091 starter kit, and trying to make
sense of the network topology.  The reference manual goes into lots of
detail about trunks, branches, leaves, stems, twigs etc, but is this
relevant for a home network of max 100m with about 150 devices/nodes
hanging
off it?  Can I just have a single twisted pair with all 150 devices 'live'?

Any help appreciated

Andrew

Kent, UK