RE: What have I bought? Was: advice req asap pls

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: What have I bought? Was: advice req asap pls
  • From: steve.crick@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:37:43 +0000

I know exactly what you have bought. It sounds like you are describing an
old Digital Alphaserver to me.

Check out http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/archive/axp/dec2000.html
for
details.

If thats what it is, you can run OSF/1 (Unix), OpenVMS or NT4 (for Alpha
not
Intel) on it. NT will need a graphics card though.

Steve