Re: Do I really need CAT5?

But with wireless LAN _all_ machines will be sharing the 11 meg from the AP.  Unlike a wired networked with a switch,

M.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 11:28 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Do I really need CAT5?

I have ripped most of my music collection and play them all over the house
using my network.  I used to play them using a 100Mb/sec network but since
one of my cards went belly up, I've had to install a 10Mb/sec card on the
server.  This means that I am now listening to MP3s over a 10Mb/sec
connection and have had not one problem - to highlight the point - the
server is also sharing its internet connection at the same time as serving
MP3s and still no problem.

So if Tim were to use his wireless network to listen to remote MP3s, I can't
see there being a problem from my own experience of doing this.

Pedro