Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d]Comfort approval was Good news!

They were employed to mount the panels on the wall, supply power to them, wire up all the keypads doorphones and PIRs (all stuff they should have been familiar with).  All programming etc was to be done by me.  Even basic running of the cables thru the house was done sooo badly.

At the time there was no approved NI Comfort installer.  There is now and I have had him here fixing some of the mistakes they made.

I suppose if these people get enough work out of installing "basic" security systems then thats OK.  However I recon it's pretty short sighted of them not to be getting involved in the more feature rich systems that more and more people are going to want in the future.

Even one of their own junior installers told me the boss wasn't interested in getting a laptop to allow them to reprogramme some of their systems more easily.

Older generation I  guess.

M.