Temperature logger

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Temperature logger
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:50:42 +0000

I received my temperature logger from Quasar Electronics today,
(www.quasarelectronics.com) - Kit # 145

Once again I got the assembled version to save time, even though it's a bit
dearer. (it's still only £30 though).

Looks like a very well made kit - nice clean soldering! - much better than
could have done!

I just soldered one of the DS1820's to it to test, and it works a beaut!

sample frequency is 1 per second, and the response is really quick! - if I
grip the DS1820 between my fingers, the reading goes up from ambient room
temp (about 20C) to about 31C in about a dozen samples (or 12 seconds), and
back down again at the same rate when I let go.

this is way cool! - now I just have to get it working with Homeseer. - I
know there is a script knocking about for these, - it was menioned here
last
week, but I've forgotten where/when I saw it. Anyone care to refresh my
memory?

Also, I want to put one of the DS1820's outside the house somewhere to get
the outside temperature, anyone got any recommendations on where best to
site it (i.e. sun or shade, sheltered or exposed, enclosed or open, etc.)
and how best to protect the little beastie from the elements...

Cheers.

Paul G.

(and Mark, - yes I will write a review in a short while when I've played
with it a bit more...)

Paul G.