Re: First visit under the barter scheme

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: First visit under the barter scheme
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:32:36 +0000

>There is still stuff that I think needs attention here, in particular I
>am not at all confident with the Exchange Server setup (Paul G are you
>reading this ;-)

err... yup!

>and I'm sure that there are other things I should be
>using it for, like newsgroups and messaging. I also have Exchange on my
>co-located server and would like advice as to how that might be best
>utilised.

Obviously your one is Exchange 2000, is the other one 2000 as well, or is
that Exchange 5.x?? TBH, I'm still getting to grips with Exchange 2K (it's
big product!!) - unfortunately 'cos I've stuck on this job down in
Brighton,
I've just missed an opportunity to go & work on a nice big Exchange 2K
design & roll-out for the GLA... :-(  However, FWIW, I have done the
E2K
design & admin exams... (much of which I am now forgetting as I'm not
putting it to much use at the moment...)  I'm sure I'll be able to sort out
getting some newsfeeds going though...

>Another area that needs urgent attention is backup, I'm ashamed to say
>that right now I have none. When I had a peer-to-peer network I simply
>copied the neture network drive to another disk every night, but now
>that I have the server things are not so simple. I need to be able to
>back up data files, Exchange, IIS and SQL Server.

I have the latest(?) version of Veritas Backup Exec, complete with SQL and
Exchange agents, that I'm quite familiar with installing &
configuring... I
alo have the IDR module for it as well...

>As before, anyone who can help will be compensated with anything I can
>offer (....no Paul and Phil, *that* is not on offer!), such as web
>hosting, web design, cabling etc etc.

Perish the thought! - I can't imaging where you've got these ideas about
me!...

Paul G.