RE: Re: X10 central heating control

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: X10 central heating control
  • From: "Stainton-James, Mark (London)" <stainmar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:02:49 -0000

Title: Message
I wouldn't consider this as a replacement for a manual system, but in addition to it. The timer works perfectly adequately, and has a manual override.  I see the X10 control as a method of supplementing the timed control based on external factors (temp. change, telephone call etc) If the PC system fails then the heating and water carries on exactly as it used to, but all the time the PC is running I would have the ability to override the timed events.