RE: Re: How do I tell whether the phone's ringing?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: How do I tell whether the phone's ringing?
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:24:13 -0000

OK Mark

As the delay unit stands it accepts a +ve signal as a trigger and has a
delay adjustable from almost nothing to about 5 seconds. Assuming it is
triggered by either the phone line itself via an optocoupler (chip thingy)
or through the modem ring line it can bring an HV input port low for the
delay time set. This will give HV time to notice the port change of state
even if it is doing something else for a short while and do whatever is
programmed. I guess the only thing to program round is multiple triggers if
the delay is short. More detail on this another time but it is easy to
program round with a timer.

Let me know how you want to connect it and I will think about how to do it.

Ian

port. Not sure