RE: [OT] Wacky!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Wacky!
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 19:55:21 -0000

The Brompton is a great folder as are other makes, although I have no
personal experience of this type of commuting there are numerous reports of
train operators seeing a bike wheel and not allowing them on the train!

To get round this there are various hard and soft carry cases on the
market.

Even Land-Rover make a folding bicycle!

Anyone seriously interested in this type of commuting can do worse than
contacting the CTC, Cycle Touring Club, not as its name indicates but an
organisation that speaks and acts for cyclists rights.

There are other organisations that are very knowledgeable and know the
"back" routes to places, such as the London Cycle Campaign.

Also a fair few companies pay a mileage/clothing allowance to cyclists!

B.