Re: Barter proposal

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Barter proposal
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:51:59 +0000

Graham, I'll help out in any way I can - I see this as not really being any
different from the "cabling party" concept - i.e. sweat equity or
exchange
of knowledge/skills/etc. for mutual benefit. - it's just that we'd be
sorting out software config problems rather than drilling holes/pulling
CAT5
etc...

I'm a bit rusty these days, as I've been really concentrating on working
with MS Exchange for the last couple of years, but I have been an MCSE
since
1996 (for what that's worth!!), and I have done a fair bit of network-y
work
over the years. Plus, if I don't know the answer to a particular problem, I
have direct access to some Microsofties who will!!

Arranging anything this side of Xmas is likely to be tricky though - I'm
having a hard enough time trying to find the time to fit in even a few
beers
mith me mates, as I'm working down in Brighton just now...

For my part, in the new year, I plan to purchase a Comfort UCM and web
interfACE, so I'd certainly appreciate some help installing &
configuring
that, and I'm planning (hoping?) to do some reasonably radical
reprogramming
of Comfort at that time too. Also, I'd *really* like to figure out getting
my central heating automated as well, either via Comfort outputs/relays, or
by X10 AD10's (I don't have a problem with X10 in my house...)

interested?

Paul G.