RE: Extending USB Connections

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Extending USB Connections
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:29:13 -0000

Erm, I didn't think that was what USB / Ethernet adaptors did!

They aren't there to do what Dan wants - namely extend a USB connection.

They're there to give a PC a network connection using a USB port rather
than a PCI or an ISA one.

In order to extend the camera, Dan would need the CAMERA to be able to
load the device drivers for the USB network card, if you see what I
mean.

Am I wrong here? Are there, in fact, USB extenders that work over
Ethernet???

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher