RE: Bush Internet boxes...

Hi,

I think I've found what might be a solution to the problem

http://www.hotspot.freeserve.co.uk/HOTSPOT/TLS/tlsframe.htm

If I've understood things right this should allow the connection of the
STB to a modem, then connect the modem to a PC acting as an ISP.

Can someone with a feel for electronics and the telephone system have a
look at the circuit.

Regards

Stuart

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 13:56, James, Daniel wrote:
> >This isn't quite what I was thinking of..... this program uses a
serial
> link to a device (Psion
> >in your case) and routes that out through another device on the PC
(a modem
> in this
> >case)......
>
> It links my Psion onto the Lan at work, to enable me to then surf the
web on
> my psion or pick up mail. (It uses the TCP/IP address and setting of
the PC
> to surf the web, and it assigns the Psion its own IP address).
>
> >what we need to do for the Bush box, since it has a modem but not
> (currently,
> >unless someone's been busy with a soldering iron!) a serial
port..... so we
> want to connect the
> >Bush modem, to another modem so that it thinks the PC is an
ISP..... IP

www.marshalsoftware.com
>   _____
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.1765089.3286457.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050419
> 92:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.1765089.3286457.1261774/D=egroupmai
> l/S=1705041992:HM/A=763352/rand=427853474>

> <http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
> Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>