Re: Bush Internet Box

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Bush Internet Box
  • From: nickt@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:14:35 -0000

Thanks, I assume no need to change dial script or add HTTP proxy?
I'll do it tonight & see.
As you guys probably know, the Makro product is model no IBX250, with=20
2 Scarts and a bigger keyboard, the ToysRUs is IBX100, single Scart
&=20
dinky fold up keyboard. What would a second Scart be used for on this=20
sort of device? Anyone know?
Any further thoughts on how these could be networked? I'm wondering=20
if you could get a sort of internal dialup networking connection over=20
a PBX - any ideas on feasibility?=20
For the price it is a remarkably good value piece of kit, but=20
obviously it has limitations and its not the tool for serious=20
browsing. I'll be delighted to make it use the v21 connection,=20
anything more will be just bonus.
Nick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Quinten Uijldert" <yahoogroups@n...>
<yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
> > The vouchers are no longer active. That ended on the 31th of
> October (so I
> > have been told). Still at =A319.99 you have a wonderfull piece of
> equipment
> > which can be modified beyond belief (well sort of).
> >
> > As it happens, I also picked up 4 units from my (not so) local=20
Toys
> R Us and
> > my impressions were that the unit is nice, tidy and compact; the
> remote is
> > awkward to work with but I suspect that is just a matter of
time=20
> get used
> > to. The telephone cable is OTT (10m or so), the scart cable is
> about 1.5m.
> >
> > I didn't even bother connecting it up with the Bush ISP, but
> instead went
> > straight ahead with the instructions from
> > http://www.kentwebnet.com/bush/config.htm
and hacked it so it=20
would
> connect
> > to my 0808 (BT Friaco) ISP, Free24-7.net (or V21 really). After
> performing
> > the steps on the website I connected straight away using my
ISP...
> for nowt
> > :-)
> >
> > The webpages do surprisingly look good on my TV (your milage may
> vary
> > ofcourse) and are automagically transformed (don't expect
> flash/image maps
> > to work though).
> >
> > As to the remote... Yes, you should be able to use this on
your=20
PC,
> provided
> > you have an IR receiver connected to it and some appropriate
> software. I
> > myself have a Hauppauge WinTV card which comes with remote and
> receiver and
> > use a program called uICE ( www.mediatexx.com ) to control the PC
> remotely.
> > I will have a play with it later this week to see if it will=20
accept
> the IR
> > signals from the Bush remote, but I don't foresee any problems.
> >
> > Q.

Very
> > impressed with the unit especially the remote. Could this
possibly
> be used
> > on a pc (probably not). If I ever get time (maybe 20 years off) I
> will have
> > a play.
> >
> > Worried needlessly bout getting it indoors and the "but what
do we
> need it
> > for?" speech. SWMBO thought the remote was nifty looking
and=20
didn't
> even
> > blink (must be the morphine in the tea...works a treat!)
> >
> > BTW  Govan has plenty of the boxes, so the girl says, and
=A320=20
isn't