Remote for NTL etc

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Remote for NTL etc
  • From: "Steve Clark" <steevc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:34:51 -0000

Our audio-video facilities have recently expanded to include a DVD
(Cyberhome) and an NTL digibox (Pace), so to cut down on the mess of
remotes we're looking for a reasonable multi.

I understand the NTL box uses IRDA which a lot of multis don't
support. Letsautomate claim the One For All 6 does. Can anyone
confirm this? Also, how robust are they? The remote for our rented TV
is held together with tape after repeated dropping. I've had to put
all the buttons back in a couple of times.

You really would think that companies would make their remotes to
withstand real life. I'm thinking now that in our new house with
wooden floors everywhere the potential for damage will be worse than
ever. I have seen rubber covers somewhere that seemed a good idea.

Steve