RE: Re: DDAR in Bathroom.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: DDAR in Bathroom.
  • From: "James Hoye" <james.hoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:53:15 +0100

> No, I was thinking of tapping into the 110V and taking it back inside
> the wall.  I read on the link that James posted though about power

Shaver sockets contain isolating transformers to provide an earth free
output, and are typically low power ~20VA.  Tapping into this would NOT be
good idea, as it would quickly burn out.

> limitations being a problem with shaver sockets, so maybe it's not a
> good idea..

If you are concerned about having 230v in the bathroom, you will probably
find that you can source SELV versions.  As far as I'm concerned, 230v IS
perfectly safe IF installed in accordance with the regulations that are in
place.

James H