RE: (ukha_d) OT IR Remote Funnies

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) OT IR Remote Funnies
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:00:34 +0100

On a slightly related note, I used to have a Kenwood hi fi system that was
switched on by a learnt voice command.  I also have a phone that can be
answered
by shouting hello at it when it rings.  Unfortunately, neither are terribly
discriminating when it comes to analysing the voice, so the following
frequently
happened:

Phone rings.
Hifi thinks it heard 'system on' - thus music starts
Phone, on hearing music, thinks it heard 'hello!', answers call.
Generally by this point the dog is also barking wildly.  End result is kind
of a
hightech/lowtech dial-a-disk and one bemused caller!

Ain't technology great!

Pete