More DDAR stuff, sorry folks!

  • To: "UKHA List \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: More DDAR stuff, sorry folks!
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:48:03 +0100

Just had to say, I have a f***ing big smile on my face right now. Just went
down to my local Richer Sounds and bought some cheap and cheerful Ariston
MSX07 speakers for 20 quid including wall brackets. I took them home and
attached them to a couple of the rafters in the workshop (used to be a
double garage, but never had any cars in it). I then ran speaker wire (75
strand from Maplins) round to the work bench and a CAT5 lead from the ports
installed during the cabling earlier in the year. All cables were neatly
tacked to the rafters and passed through holes in the workbench to a
cupboard below. I patched the port through at node zero and raced back down
to the workshop. I then connected up a DDAR, turned it on, searched for a
decent album (Wheatus) and hit play. To my ears the quality is absolutely
fine, obviously not as good as my main HiFi setup, but this is only the
workshop. I could get decent volume without distortion using just the built
in amp. I would seriously suggest that anyone who has more than one of
these
units should try out the built in amp before investing in a separate one. I
can also heartily recommend these Aristons, for 20 quid you just can't go
wrong. Right I'm off now to go and do some stuff in the workshop, listening
to some good music instead of the little portable VHF radio that I had in
there until now.

Graham