Telephonw to CAT5 Patching

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Telephonw to CAT5 Patching
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:24:58 -0000

I've just got the patch panels up in place now.

I've done it as follows :

2 x 24 port DATA
1 x 24 port MP3 Network
1 x 24 port Voice

So we have 4 sets of Cat5 going to each wallplate (I use 4way Global
wallplates)

What I want to know is this :-

I have 3 Analogue lines and I have hooked them into a modified
blanking plate in the cabinet using double Phone wallplates
(secondary). There are 4 for each line, giving 8 connections per
inbound line. (I know they can't all be hooked up at once due to REN
limitations)

I want to loop from these sockets onto RJ45 plugs, which then sends
to the Wallplates. That way I can patch telephones as I require.

Question is, what the correct way to cable ?

I need to cable from BT wallsockets into patch panel.

My CAT5 wiring follows the colour coding on Keith's site.

What can I do at the Wallplate end, is it possible to put an RJ45
plug onto the phones ? If so, what wiring colours or pinouts should
be used at that end ?

Sorry to be so much of a mumbler at this early hour on a Sunday, but
I noticed Mr Doxey was up and about.

Kindest Regards as always

Geraint