Re: DDAR - First impressions

> Must be down to server speed then.

I'm serving mine off an old compaq deskpro P166.  There's a delay of maybe
5
or 6 seconds while it builds artist/album, etc lists, but I can cope with
that.  I've got about 2500 tracks.

> So my K6 isn't faring too badly!  At least I know not to spend ages
generating
> V2 tags as they don't seem to help much.

3 and a half minutes to load the database on my p166?

> > > 5)
> > > Music can skip at the start if the PC is busy, but again
this
> > > could be
> > > my slow PC.

I've never had any 'jitter' either, but the only other thing that PC does
is
Homeseer.

> > Never noticed a single skipping track, so it might well be your
PC.
Infact I
> > have had DDAR and MusicMatch on a separate client PC both
accessing the
same
> > track from the server, still no skipping.
>
> Guess it's server speed related.
>

> Can we compromise on "rough at the edges" ? :-)

I don't like the UI much....

> I'm not going to go mad as I think there will be something better
along
very
> soon.

One other thing, I'd really looked forward to selecting massive playlists
and hitting random.  There's far too much stuff in my collection that never
gets listened to anymore, and I wanted to resolve that.  But if for example
I just hit 'Select Music, All Music, Random', it just plays about the first
100 tracks.

Still like it though, and would have another one or three if no other
device
supercedes it in the next few year.

> Regards
>
> Ian Oliver
> Sunny Leeds, UK
> Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

Nick