RE: CD's and MP3's for my listening pleasure...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CD's and MP3's for my listening pleasure...
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:15:39 +0100

brian

from Daves post this morning.....

"Found a nice programme last night for ripping CD's to MP3. There is
version
1.2 on the latest PC Plus DVD edition (may be on the CD version but not
sure)
You can download version 1.30 from the website www.cdex.n3.net which is
what I did."

.....this is the program that I use and it can use the lame encoder which
is
about the best all around encoder...

for more general information on settings and quality check out ...

http://www.r3mix.net/

look under the quality link (again someone else posted this recently but I
cannot recall who)

Finally if you are using DDARs (or even not) you may want to get hold of a
copy of Tag & Rename which will allow you to sort out all your MP3 ID
Tags

Cheers
Mick

I'd
> paid attention....
>
> What is regarded as good nowadays for converting 45's and LP's
> recorded from
> an attached turntable (god I feel so old...) as .wav files  editing
the
> tracks to remove large "clicks" and then recording them as
MP3's?