More curtain woes...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: More curtain woes...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 15:53:45 +0100

The more I dig into this curtain lark, the more depressed I become!

A question for anybody with any knowledge of the Silent Gliss track range:
-
can the NON-electric track have a pull-cord on one side only, when the span
is approximately 5 metres?

I have found a local supplier earlier today who CAN do:

- High quality metal (aluminium) track
- which can be up to 16ft long in a single piece
- which can be reverse bent round a bay window

But.... which CANNOT have just one pull-cord for the whole lot - it has to
have a pull cord at each end, one per curtain.

This is obviously an automation nightmare, as I then have the dual problems
of a) having to buy two motors instead of one, and b) trying to get them
both synchronised so that curtains open/close together.

Does anybody here know of ANY manual cord-pull curtain track that will fit
round a standard UK bay window, including reverse bending round the oter
corner of the bay, and which allows operation by a single cord?

Oh, and which preferably does not cost so much that I have to fake my own
death and claim the insurance money...

Cheers

Paul G.