MP3 CD ripper

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: MP3 CD ripper
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:06:18 +0100

Hi All,

Found a nice programme last night for ripping CD's to MP3. There is version
1.2 on the latest PC Plus DVD edition (may be on the CD version but not
sure)
You can download version 1.30 from the website www.cdex.n3.net which is
what I did.

It works a treat and I converted a few CD's last night and now with the
Veronica transmitter (thanks for the review by the way Paul G as it made me
purchase this unit) I can listen to them in the rest of the house.

I am going to look at doing a jukebox player that links into Homeseer with
a remote LCD computer for selection of the tracks. All done through a radio
link. Possibly running under Windows CE for the remote but not sure which
OS to use yet. I am slowly getting familiar with Windows CE at work but we
are also looking at embedded Linux.

Regards
Dave...

www.v8carlton.co.uk