Re: DDAR, ARF ARF 2...[Answer]

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DDAR, ARF ARF 2...[Answer]
  • From: "Andy Powell" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:15:11 -0000

> I got a windows version of Tar and re-Tarred the files, but... the
resultant
> file is 3.9 Mb !!!! the original was 1.8Mb So I don't want to use
it !!!!

You are adding 2.5MB to the arf file - it's going to be bigger!!!
The cause is the files in the lib directory libc-2.1.2.so is one meg
on its own.

> What is the implication of putting a duff file as the
receiver.arf , if you
> replace it with the original one will all be well again ?
>
> i.e. does the DDAR pull this file down EVERYtime ?

That is exactly my understanding, when yo boot your DDAR/RIO it
downloads the .arf file each time, making upgrades as simple as a
reboot,,,

I don't have mine yet but when they arrive I *will* do this, so if
you are worried then you can wait until Monday evening and I'll test
(sacrifice??) one of my units...

Andy