Re: TS was Interface design choices?...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TS was Interface design choices?...
  • From: "Andy Powell" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:09:50 -0000

> I take it to get the ICA protocol you are running your NT4 TSE with
> Metaframe 1.8 installed then ?

Yes, but I've also got remote admin on my Win2k box.

> And are you running your NT4 as a Domain controller ? , Cos here
and in

Yes, the only real reason is because I haven't got around to looking
at Active Directory services on the Win2k box. I needed a domain
controller because on one of the win98 boxes I needed to be able to
use dcomcfg.

> Marks we are only running them as member servers, and in the TS
client you
> HAVE to enter the domain, although come to think of it I never
tried the
> workgroup name.... hmmmm, must try that.

I don't have that problem, but I get the feeling that the workgroup
may just work, although you wouldn't (unless you've opened up you
servers) be able to get access to the server resouces without a
user/pass (but only if you have a domain)

Andy