DDAR and London Meet

  • To: "UKHA Group" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: DDAR and London Meet
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:45:03 +0100

First many more thanks to Graham for organising the DDARS!

I have been back from the London DDAR drop for a few hours now and have
just
found time to write a few words.

So...the DDARs are great, apart from all the other advantages skip free mp3
play back even when I am pushing the PC is a big advantage.

I just loaded the software attached a pair of powered speakers and whacked
the DDAR into a hub ...it works...sounds good to me even if I am tone deaf
;) As Mark would say..plug...play...consumer friendly!

I can't crank the volume up too much swmbo is sleeping but I will give it
some wellie in the morning :)

As to the meet unfortunately I had to leave early but there were about 10
of
us in attendance with a wide range of personalities. Pictures were taken by
Nick (I think) and Patrick presented an interesting Rabbit based Comfort
web
server interface with an optional connection for a Meteor CID unit (Patrick
if I have misrepresented the kit please correct me).

time to get some zeds...but I think the next competition should be guessing
how many pints of Stella Paul G drank and who ate the most American Hot ;)

Cheers all

and especially Graham the DDAR supremo!

PS Kieran get that DDAR streaming working I will even install Linux if you
do! ;)