Re: Digest Number 1025

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 1025
  • From: "ewenjc" <ewenjc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:30:14 +0100

> Message: 6
>    Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:20:24 +0100
>    From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: automated sky lights?
>

> > Oh well in at the deep end, has anyone got any info on automating
sky
> lights
> > in conservatories that use a rotating screw method to open/close?
>
> First thoughts would be an SW10G - see if that would be suitable - I
use
one
> for cotrolling my electric projection screen and it's designed for use
with
> roller shutters etc.
>
> Give Li at Laser a call as he can advise you more fully on suitability
for
> your needs.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil
>
> BTW ... Nice to see you unlurked.

I've semi-automated my conservatory sky lights.  The conservatory company
fitted motorised openers which came with an ugly two button switch.  I
replaced the switch with a clipsal 4 gang to control two lights and open
and
close the sky lights.  I thought about the SW10G but opted for two relays
switched by comfort (excellent system) and I think the SW10G would not let
me half open them (?).

I daisy chained the relays and switches so that if anything switched on it
cut the power to the following relays / switches - this prevents the open
and closed being powered together - it is also rigged so that if everything
went wrong and all relays got switched the sky light will close.  Another
option would be to have the switches as an input zone on comfort which
might
offer more flexibility but uses up a zone.

As it is controlled via comfort I can operate them using X10, by phone or
from comfort keypad.

The bit I have not yet done is trigger their operation based on the
tempurature.  Idealy comfort will control the sky lights and the heater.
If
you go the comfort route and figure out how to do this let me know.

-Ewen