Re: More Epod...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: More Epod...
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:39:39 +0100

>I don't want to start another flood of EPODS messages that'll start
>to p*ss people off but has anyone done anything interesting with
>theirs?

What, you mean APART from still not telling SWMBO that I've got one.... ;-)

At the moment mine are sitting there waiting for me to have
>time to do some 'serious' programming and make them useful. The wife
>has taken it quite well, not once has she mentioned that I got 2 of
>the things and after an initial flurry did sod all with them..

My current thought, (seing as the master bedroom is nearing completion), is
to somehow mount the epod on a "gooseneck" attached to my bedside
table, so
that I can pull it into use, do whatever I need to do, then push it back
out
of the way again....

I haven't yet tried anything, but I'm thinking of rivetting some 90-degree
angle (the aluminium stuff available from B&Q etc.) into a frame for
the pod
to sit in... (haven't yet figured out how to secure it, yet allow it be
removable), then attach this frame to a flexible gooseneck, the other end
of
which will be bolted to my bedside cabinet. - ideally, the gooseneck will
carry the power & cat5 LAN cable inside it....

Then, I knock up a custom webpage with everything I need on my bedside
controller... (i.e. clock, wake-up alarm controls, bedroom lights &
appliance controls, whole-house mode controls, door-cam viewer, and so
on...)

Just a thought.....

Paul G.