Re: London Meet and DDAR Drop

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: London Meet and DDAR Drop
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:34:12 -0000

What speed are you running through the switch ?

I had major probs when it ran on 100meg, and as per the manual, I=20
switched the switch ports down to 10meg half duplex, and all is happy=20
again now. and I don't notice any impact with 5 of them streaming at=20
once from a pentpro 200 machine.

regards
geraint

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@v...>
wrote:
> The DDARs are actually quite impressive ... I'm using a decent set=20
of
> headphones (=A3200 Sennheiser HD580 Precisions) on the headphone=20
output at the
> moment and at very high levels (40+ on the scale) there's clipping=20
but 40 is
> a level loud enough to give serious cause for concern if you listen=20
for long
> periods. At saner levels the unit is actually proving pretty=20
transparent.
>=20
> I'm assuming that the guys who did the eMpeg in car unit did more=20
than just
> the software for this as the bass boost on the unit is pretty=20
typical
> Patrick Arnold - winding up the bass gives you more bass (as it=20
should be)
> wheras most bass controls just give you a flabby bottom end (just=20
like
> mine!).
>=20
> I have all three units hooked up to my 1.2GHz Athalon / 160Gb /=20
512Mb
> "server" and with all three units streaming simultaneously
the PC=20
is doing
> nothing that you would notice (however I am using a decent 10/100=20
switch and
> trying my old 10Mb hub makes the machine work rather a lot=20
harder) ... just
> going to try it on my crappy P133 sitting in the corner to see=20
whether that
> shows any sign of stress!
>=20
> Pronto template is already done and in ... no pretty layouts=20
mapping to it
> yet though.
>=20
> Phil