RE: Re: How to repair Garage Door Opener?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: How to repair Garage Door Opener?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 19:28:53 +0100

Hi Steve,

It will be the frequency and depending on the manufacturer it will be kHz
or
MHz.

My guess is probably 26.995 Mhz. I cant find anything with those numbers in
Rapid, Farnell, or Maplin catalogues. Rapid and Farnell both have large
ranges of crystals but both go from 24.0 to 27.0 MHz in one step. Its
possible it is a custom cut crystal for that particular device rather than
standard one. It might also be that it is one of the radio control
crystals.
Tim Morris would probably know those values being a keen RC Modeller.

As for "The Ex-Electronics company known as M*****".... I have
more
different values of crystal in my component boxes than they have in their
catalogue. I certainly WONT be getting the next catalogue they bring out.

Keith

I'm