RE: HomeSeer control using gameport.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: HomeSeer control using gameport.
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:42:02 +0100

Justin, I'd be interested in this as well, - not sure I'd use it in anger
initially, - but I'm certainly still interested from a technical interest
point of view, and it may be something i'd be interested in using in the
not-too-distant future...

I'm also interested in getting an interface on my HA pc that can switch
relays, - purely for the purpose of switching the Homeseer announcement
speakers on & off... (I don't want to use Comfort for this just now, as
don't have a UCM yet, so my only means of communication between Comfort
&
Homeseer is X10... SLOOOOOOWWWWW)

Of course, the obvious answer is get a "proper" HA controller
like a
Homevision or an Ocelot et al... I may do this at some point, but in all
honesty, I'm not going to get such a purchase authorised by the CFO just
now... ;-) - SWMBO has specifically asked me to implement proper zoning on
the HS TTS speakers, so I know I can get a limited amount of expenditure
authorised for a relay board...

Paul G.