RE: Newbie Again

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Newbie Again
  • From: "Hall, Alex" <alex.hall@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:27:36 +0100

Thanks for the responses so far...

So I am scrapping the dimmers possibly - need to do a bit more research on
this.

10002	LD10 DIN Mounted Lamp Module (LD11 Internal Software)
=A334.99 * 14
10455	DIN Enclosure for 1 x LD10/LD11
=A317.63 * 14
10 * 1 gang faceplates
3 * 2 gang faceplates

and replacing them with something like:

10030	APPLIANCE SWITCH AW10U (Requires NEUTRAL Wire)	=A330

however my switches are unlikely to have a neutral wire ??? and also some
likes the stairs/landing switches are 2 gang ???
Which the AW10U isn't ? And I'd like a brass coloured switches.=20

Also as I am going for HomeVision I don't need the IR7243AH. Correct ?

Do I need the XM10U ?

And then add 2* the number of cat5 lines/ports.

and finally some IR repeaters when Ian has finished them :-)

and probably not bother with the WS10's either.

thanks so far

alex

> [...]
> voltage halogens
> are fine for dimming.
>=20
> > In essence I am looking to have a small internal network=20
> 1-2 data ports in
> > each room, and then be able to connect=20
> tv/satellite/dvd/video around the
>=20
> Fit more CAT5 cable and ports and then double it. Pretty much=20
> everything can
> run over CAT5 including all you telly requirements - see Kat5=20
> from Keith
> Doxey.
>=20
> > 95000	Pronto RU890 Remote & RU941 Docking Station=20
> (Package Price)
> > =A3179.95
> > 10512	IR7243AH All House Code IR->X10 Converter for=20
> Pronto/RC5000
> > =A372.85
> > 10215	XM10U (TW7223) X10 -> Mains Interface
> > =A330
>=20
> All good choices
>=20
> > 10003	HomeVision Home Automation Controller 3.0 PAL=09
> 		=A3440
>=20
> Go for the standalone unit. It is small and under normal=20
> circumstances one
> of the most reliable bits of kit you can buy today. Budget=20
> for an expansion
> board in the future as that is great as well. Temperature=20
> input via Dallas
> thingies (1820s) and the analogue port etc.
>=20
> > Then, in terms of the house I am looking at fitting low=20
> voltage lighting
> > throughout which means:
> >
> > Room		Dimmers	Data Ports/TV-AV Ports
> > Lounge		2 gang		2/2
> > Dining Room	1		2/1
> > Hallway		2 gang		2/1
> > CloakRoom	1
> > Kitchen		1		2/1
> > FamilyRoom	1		2/1
> >
> > Bedroom1	1		2/2
> > Bedroom2	1		2/1
> > Bedroom3	1		2/1
> > Bedroom4	1		2/1
> > Bathroom	1
> > Ensuite		1
> > Landing		2 gang		2/1
> >
> > Does this therefore mean that I need 14 of the following for the
> > Low Voltage
> > Lighting?
> >
> > 10002	LD10 DIN Mounted Lamp Module (LD11 Internal Software)
> > =A334.99 * 14
> > 10455	DIN Enclosure for 1 x LD10/LD11
> > =A317.63 * 14
> > 10 * 1 gang faceplates
> > 3 * 2 gang faceplates
> >
> > Is there a cheaper source for brass faceplate dimmers as=20
> 10070/1 is > =A370
> > each ?
> >
> > In order to do the Data Ports/TV-AV ports I am guessing I need
> > around 2.5km
> > of cat5e wiring ? Does that sound correct.
> > Also where is a good place to purchase this (I live near
Windsor)?

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=20