RE: IR Extender... Revisited!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Extender... Revisited!
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:49:29 +0100

Hmmm. I am a long way from being an expert but I was thinking about this
the
other day. I was wondering if it was possible to convert between IR and
IRDA
using a PIC that was programmed to learn both code types. Suffice to say it
was only a whim and I did not follow it up. If there was a call for it it
would make an interesting project though. Votes on a mail in time honoured
fashion.

For your current problem I understand that IRDA operates on a much higher
frequency than IR. If possible at all you would need to talk to one of our
resident experts on how to convert the circuit to run at these higher
frequencies.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ian