RE: wireless kit for epod and ipaq whats the best?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: wireless kit for epod and ipaq whats the best?
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:53:17 -0000

Craig

I will sort of like that, not as configurable as port forwarding but I like
the idea of using one PC as the outward face to the world and of course
that
PC could run ZoneAlarm or similar so it wouldn't be totally exposed.

You have given me some food for thought. hmmm if it was a win2000 box with
two NICs I guess it could route connections for the other PCs on the
network
if they really needed it. I will need to do some more thinking!

Cheers
Mick

Craig Callander <craig@xxxxxxx> said:

> Mick, one more thing, I saw this in the FAQ:
>
> 5. What is DMZ? And how many DMZ computers does the Barricade support?
> Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is a feature of firewall. It allows a set of
> computers to be exposed to the Internet. Some applications require
multiple
> TCP/IP ports to be open. DMZ allows computers to be exposed for that
> purpose. The Barricade supports one DMZ computer if you enable the
feature.

> This may help your 'underlying motive' , if all your non-NAT friendy
apps
> are on one PC?
>
> Craig

SMC
> devices
> > work on epods, 249.00 GBP for barricade + FREE pcmcia card.

rdening/bookclubs/chg/JoinFast/c2/c2_coupon.htm/?src=015_02_hd_273_139_1410>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=210156.1528652.3092242.1456760/D=egroupmai
> > l/S=1705041992:HM/A=734183/rand=831297974>

> > <http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
> > Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx

> > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
Service.