DIY PCIR device

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: DIY PCIR device
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:29:45 +0100

I have recently built a PCIR device as described here: http://www.skibumsplace.com/pcir.shtml and despite not having messed around with resistors etc since GCSE electronics some 12 years ago, it actually worked! Well sort of.
The thing is, it is crap at learning. I spent  3 evenings last week trying to teach it a Sky remote, but I could only manage about 1/3 the buttons.

Is there anything that could be done to improve the design? or should I just bite the bullet and buy a PCIR device now I know I can't live without one :-)

If I have to buy one, the best candidate is from www.conceptdevices.com but at £49 it seems a bit steep when I nearly had one for <£5 in parts.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Justin.

Maplin part numbers:
M33R 33ohm Resistor
YH70M IR Emitter
M220R 220ohm Resistor
YY66W IR Sensor also tried NP64U & CY86T
QR40T 2N3904 Transistor
M10K 10Kohm Resistor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor