RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:05:58 +0100

How about multiple sensors spead over the height of the door. As long as one is broken the others would be masked.

eg with single sensors

AB

A  ____**____
B______**___

multiple sensors would give something like

AB
AB
AB
AB
AB
AB
AB

As soon as any bit of the body breaks an A beam it remains broken until all body parts are past, likewise the B.
Direction can still be detected from which beam broke first. It would avoid problems with height or flailing arms and legs as it basically addresses the tilt suggested by someone else.

eg Person walking leg breaks A1,A2,A3,A4 then body breaks A5,A6,A7 etc. As they are all in parallel any A beam broken will count as a single valid signal ending only when the last beam is restored.

Keith