Re: moving away from the remote-control paradigm

If you are having two beam breaks in order to judge direction of movement,
how about having them in different axes?

I am thinking about the whole "shape of people" ting, and I would
imagine a
beam break going side to side at about waist height on me (about 3 foot
from
the ground) if it was combined with another with a shifted axis, so  you go
diagonally from one corner to another would be able to spot breaks that
were
too "small" to be a person proper, but morelikely to be an item
being
carried or an appendage.

Now I think about it, how about pressure pads on either side of each door
way? that would give direction as well as in/out...

Ian.