Re: Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:25:14 -0000

I wish you wouldn't gloat about the cable modem access,,,you know i'm
bitter about it.....lol

so you finally managed to put the operating system back on the server
then ?
Hope that teaches you a lesson....if it ain't broke,,,dont eff about
with it...:)

regards

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Brian G. Reynolds"
<brian.g.reynolds@n...> wrote:
> Sorry guy's I never replied to this Cable modem bit earlier, I did
not have
> time to read the posts so I emailed the lot to myself at work and
read them
> in my lunch break but cannot post to the group from there due to my
work
> email address not registered with Yahoo.
>
> Anyway the point, I think the cable modem was/is an excellent
choice, even
> the 24/7 connection time alone would make it well worth the cost,
but as for
> the speed, I am well pleased with it but as I went from a dial-up
Modem to
> the cable jobbie I cannot comment on the speed differences with
other
> systems, sorry, of course if anyone is passing and would like to
drop in and
> make a decision they are more than welcome.
>
> B.

"send/receive" to get
> > the groups
> > messages!
> >
> > <I know Brian has this config, so he may be able to tell you
his
> > thoughts\findings etc.>
> > Brian, if you get this perhaps you can give me your thoughts etc.
Thanks

> > Re: Cable modem - apparantly there isnt a digital service
available in the
> > area, only analogue.
> > Will this make any difference to the cable modem?
> >
> > The telephone main line comes into the garage, and the node ) is
> > also here,
> > but the computer is in the office on the first floor.
> > Does the cable modem socket / ADSL socket have to be near the
> > computer, i.e
> > on the first floor, or can it remain in the Node0
> > and then can we connect from node0 to a Cat5 socket?
> >
> > Sorry, another question to the group!!
> >
> > I have B&O equipment, which is now quite old but works fine,
but
> > due to not
> > a lot of disposable funds at present and in order not to junk it,
I was
> > wondering if I can carry on using it now the Cat5 cabling has
been done in
> > the house.
> > How do I get IR signals to it. I have 2 hand held B&O remote
> > controls ( one
> > of which is the LCD "see thru" type ), and two larger
'coffee
table' size.